In a previous post one week ago (When the studies end…) I told you about my wish to redesign my site. Now it’s done! To remind you, it used to look like that before:
I loved the former template. At least for the first day, and then I started to hate it because it was a commercial template that a lot of people have. It was not original, it was not me.
That’s why I wanted to make my own theme, something unique that I would be the only one to have, and that really looks like me: sober, simple and efficient. Something that goes right to the goal.
Let’s dive into the assets of my new website:
- under everything, we have the HTML5 Boilerplate framework, a powerful default for building HTML5 pages
- I had the opportunity to learn how to make WordPress themes (and to see how WP sucks for developers). Nevertheless, I’ll come back to you soon with a little framework I did to integrate external pages to your WP blog (or the opposite)
- of course, the website is W3C compliant (validates HTML5 and CSS3)
- I now surf on the social wave! I added share links for Facebook, Buzz, Twitter and Digg
- I made it compatible with the following browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE8, IE7 and even … IE6 (yes, IE6 … with a few hacks though). There is even a mobile version for mobile devices
- I got a score of 86/100 at the Google’s speed test. The score goes down a lot because of the share links, but I’m still not happy though…
To finalize, there are some easter eggs I put in the website. It’s not a lot but it’s still funny when you encounter them 😀 I hope you’ll like this new version, and I’m open to any feedback or suggestion you could have.